Wills, Trusts and Executries
MAKING A WILL
Our experienced team of solicitors can help you with:-
- Making a Will
- Inheritance tax planning
- Administering a Deceased’s Estate
Drawing up a Will and planning for the future means that your estate will be shared amongst those nearest and dearest to you and will also mean that you will receive any tax advice required before making any decisions.
Failing to leave a Will may mean your estate is distributed in a manner which is not in accordance with your wishes. The relatively simple procedure of preparing a Will removes uncertainty and brings peace of mind. The Will appoints an executor who administers the distribution of your estate. The details of the Will provide concise instructions regarding funeral arrangements and other wishes.
The death of a family member or friend is always a difficult time. We therefore aim to take care of all matters arising from the person’s death in a sympathetic, speedy and efficient manner. We can handle all matters in connection with estates, including:-
- Settling Inheritance Tax liabilities (if any),
- Getting Confirmation, (Scottish equivalent of probate) from Sheriff Courts,
- Paying any unpaid bills, funeral expenses and legacies,
- Sorting out legacies of specific items,
- Making all arrangements for selling or transferring assets, and
- Paying the cash shares to the residuary beneficiaries.